Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine the procurement method to be used based on the size of the package and in accordance with relevant Procurement Guidelines;
- Determine with CEO and procurement staff the appropriate consultant’s selection method to be used based on the size and nature of the assignment and in accordance with the procurement Guidelines;
- Elaborate with WSRC procurement staff the WSRC Procurement Plan in consultation with the CEO and update it on a periodic basis;
- Assist in the preparation of consultants’ terms of reference and administration of their contracts, including processing contract amendments;
- Draft bid notices and bidding documents/request for quotations for inviting and obtaining bids/quotations for Goods.
- Draft requests for expressions of interest and request for proposals (RFPs) for inviting and obtaining proposals for consultant’s services.
- Assist in establishing procedures for receiving and opening of bids/proposals, ensuring adherence to the evaluation criteria stipulated in the bidding documents/RFPs in a professional and timely manner;
- Participate in all steps of the procurement process for each contract starting with quotation/bids and proposal opening, evaluation of quotations/bids/expressions of interest/proposals, preparing evaluation reports, contract negotiations, etc.;
- Prepare correspondence required for requesting, the Donors approval/’no objection’ of the proposed procurement steps/decisions, as required;
- Maintain complete procurement documentation for each contract, including bidding documents, advertisements, bids received, bid evaluations, letters of acceptance, contract agreements, securities, payment documents, bid complaints, related correspondence, etc., in an orderly manner, readily available for audit/post reviews;
- Prepare procurement reports showing the status of ongoing procurement, including a comparison of planned and actual dates of the procurement actions;
- Work with WSRC Procurement staff to enhance their capacities through on-the-job training; and
- Perform management duties as may be assigned by the FM in the fields of office management and HR management.
The Procurement Officer will be hosted within WSRC Procurement Unit, and will be accountable to the FM.
The Procurement Officer shall have the following essential qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or another relevant field;
- At least 4 years of relevant experience, additional International Certified Purchasing or procurement professional is considered desirable.
- Good knowledge in the PA procurement procedures; Knowledge in the World Bank procurement procedures is an asset.
- Good knowledge of technical and operational aspects of procurement implementation;
- Strong supervisory, interpersonal and staff support skills. HR management skills and ability to evaluate staff performance, motivate and lead employees and encourage decisions to be made within a team environment;
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills;
- Fluency in English and excellent report writing;
- Excellent computer skills; and
- The ability to work under pressure.
Starting date: as soon as possible
Application deadline: February 20th, 2018, 3:00 PM
Applications should be submitted to the email: [email protected]
Please mention in the subject of the email the title of the post you are applying for.
Note: only shortlisted will be contacted.