12 months contract
The Water Sector Regulatory Council "WSRC” invites experienced and qualified professionals to apply for any of the positions mentioned below for a one year term vacancy in its office in Al Bireh
1- Administrative Assistant
Under the direct supervision of the CEO, the employee will undertake the following tasks:
- Organize and support all administrative procedures incl. prepare and edit correspondences, coordinate office activities and schedules, archiving, attendance sheets, appointments, logistic support (car, workshops, venues)
- Support to procurement department
- Support WSRC staff upon request in any additional task to fulfill WSRC’s mandate and its objectives
Required Qualifications, Skills, knowledge and Competencies:
- Completion of university degree majoring in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Good written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Microsoft and Office and Excellent knowledge of computer applications and internet usage.
- Excellent skills in time and work management.
- At least 1-year previous experience in a similar organization is highly desirable.
2- IT Specialist
The specialist will be working with all WSRC departments in providing essential IT and MIS solutions that facilitate the achievement of the WSRC objectives. The main task of the specialist is to facilitate the use of the WSRC database by water and wastewater service providers in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip. Accordingly, the main tasks of the IT specialist will include:
- Supervise, administrate and maintain WSRC database (WRIS)
- Support data uploading of WSRC staff and WSP
- Supervise, administrate and maintain archiving system
- Support the design of questionnaires and modules
- Provide general IT support to staff
- Give technical support to WSP on WSRC database (WRIS)
Essential Required Qualifications, Skills, knowledge and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer science, or related field
- Good command in English, written and spoken
- Good interpersonal skills
- working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment
- At least 1-year previous experience in the Palestinian water sector is highly desirable.
- Experience working with municipalities and Water Service providers is a plus.
3- Legal Advisor (part time):
The Legal Advisor is to support the governance and integrity team. S/he will provide legal support to the WSRC and supervise WSP relationships with customers and complaints.
- Support governance and integrity team and related tasks
- Provide legal support to WSRC
- Supervise and advise on WSP relationships with customers and complaints
Essential Required Qualifications, Skills, knowledge and Competencies:
- At least B.A in law, preferred Master.
- Previous work with water related institutions, or local government is essential
- License to work as a lawyer with regular courts.
- At least 3 years of experience in regular courts.
- Advanced computer skills.
4- Wastewater Monitoring Specialist :
The Wastewater Monitoring Specialist is to support the team in finalizing the process for monitoring the performance of wastewater service providers in Palestine. S/he will be responsible for data collection, verification and reporting. Accordingly, the main tasks associated with this position include:
- Assist the WSRC team in developing the process for monitoring the performance of wastewater service providers in Palestine,
- Share information and coordinate with other stakeholders including PWA, MOLG and MOA
- Present and discuss findings with all related stakeholders including service providers
- Participate in field visits, team meetings and workshops for the wastewater service providers to finalize the data collection module
- Prepare final annual reports and follow the design, production and dissemination of the annual report
- Prepare plans and provide support to enhance service provider’s performance in certain indicators
Key qualifications of the wastewater-monitoring expert:
- A University degree in engineering, or water sciences
- 5 years of experience in the water sector, preferably with local councils.
- Specific training relevant for the topic will be considered.
- Experience in performance monitoring and benchmarking of water service providers is an asset.
- Strong analytical and validation skills.
- Excellent communications and facilitation skills.
5- Wastewater Tariff Specialist:
The Wastewater Tariff Specialist is to support the team in reviewing and finalizing the tariff methodology, the tariff adjustment and the application procedure.. S/he will monitor the preparation and implementation of the tariff bylaw.
Key tasks of the tariff specialist:
- Participate in the review and finalization of the tariff methodology, the tariff adjustment application procedure and related forms.
- Monitor the preparation and implementation of the Tariff bylaw
- Review tariff adjustment applications proposed by the wastewater service providers and validate submitted data
- Assist service providers in adopting and using the tariff calculation module and provide on the job training and necessary training manuals.
- Review the cost statement analysis submitted by the wastewater service providers
- Prepare recommendations and conditions on the tariff application for the CEO review and approval
- Follow-up the implementation of WSRC’s approved tariffs
- A bachelor degree in accounting background or any related fields, master is preferred
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years of proven experience in preparation of socio-economic studies; financial auditing preferably in the water sector
- Knowledge in the Palestinian water sector is an added value.
- English proficiency
- Professional certificates as CPA, CMA and both is preferred.
- International experience in water tariff preparation is preferable
6- Water and Wastewater Governance Specialist:
The governance specialist will lead the first water and wastewater services providers governance and integrity assessment, support the preparation of integrity toolbox and procedures, support the implementation of assessment recommendations. Accordingly, the position key tasks will include:
- Present and discuss options with WSRC how to address water governance and integrity in reference to international and national experience
- Prepare in close coordination with the CEO the TOR for the initial governance and integrity assessment
- Work closely together with the consultant to conduct the field visits for the governance and integrity risk assessment
- Prepare integrity risk mitigation tools and measures
- Prepare the governance and integrity indicators index
- In charge of integrity reporting
- At least a BSc degree in a relevant field in the area of planning, public policy, finance or
- Working experience /training in water governance, integrity or audits
- At least five years professional experience in strategic planning and management
- Prior working experience in the water sector, local governments, institutional audit is an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience in working with government partners and other stakeholders
in public sector development programs especially in the water/local governments areas
Evidence of having undertaken similar assignments;
- Experience in research, policy development, management and programming-related
- Good interpersonal skills and team work;
- Must have excellent skills in written and oral communication in English,
- Sound knowledge of computer tools.
7- Office Boy:
- Office management (cleaning),
- Dissemination of material
- High school diploma with basic office skills.
- Experience in administrative or clerical activities is an added advantage.
- Valid Driving License.
- At least 1-year previous experience in a similar organization is highly desirable
- Good interaction abilities and professional personal display.
For all above positions:
- Deadline for submitting the CV and a Cover Letter is November 28th 2017, not after 03:00 PM.
- Applicants should send required documents to [email protected] mentioning in the Email Subject, the Vacancy tittle.
- Starting Date: as soon as possible.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.